Replica's between 2 different version databases

Jump to solution
02-02-2018 12:55 PM
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Okay everyone...I am pretty darn sure I already know the answer to this one, but it never hurts to verify by asking a question.

The situation is as follows:  I have a Utilities database running 10.3.1 and while they are not entirely ready to move to 10.5.1, that is planned for the near'ish future.  They need to have a replica database (one way) running to support various applications.  There is documentation from 10.2.2 that states that both databases have to be the same version, but I have not been able to locate similar wording for later releases.

The question is...Can I run two different versions of databases (10.3.1 & 10.5.1) while having a one way replica?  10.3.1 would be the master and 10.5.1 would be the replica.

Thank you for your consideration of the question ahead of time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

Yes, this is possible since the Child geodatabase (10.5.1) is a later release:

Replication and geodatabase releases—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

For all replication types, the child replica geodatabase must be the same geodatabase release as or a later release than the parent replica geodatabase.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

Yes, this is possible since the Child geodatabase (10.5.1) is a later release:

Replication and geodatabase releases—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

For all replication types, the child replica geodatabase must be the same geodatabase release as or a later release than the parent replica geodatabase.

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Jake,

Outstanding!  I appreciate the additional set of eyes to point that out.  I don't know how I skimmed right over that page, but absolutely exactly what I needed to hear/read.

Thanks a million!

0 Kudos