Migrate from fgdb to sde

11-23-2016 08:18 AM
deleted-user-t3dSviijg-m9
Occasional Contributor

Was curious if there was a way, other than copy pasting, that you could just import a FGDB into a blank SQL Database.

Something that would wrap up the installing SDE system tables and configuration, and import data in one swoop instead of SDE creation and then copy pasting data.

Just curious

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I've always just exported feature classes from the FGBD to the  Enterprise GDB,; I prefer doing them one at a time rather than multiple.  (I think at sometime I got burned exporting multiple feature classes, so that's been my default; ymmv).  When you export a feature class in a gdb with domains, they come with the feature class.

That should just about do it....
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

You can create a .sde db. In arccatalog, you can Export Single/ Multiple features using a tool called Export. All the data schema, domains will be exported.

Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

"Enable Enterprise Geodatabase" is used to create the Enterprise Geodatabase, not for Data Migration between two geodatabases.

If you want the Domains, Subtypes and Related Data to be migrated as well, you can go ahead with the below options:

1. Copy\Paste data from the File geodatabase into the Enterprise geodatabase

2. Use Import\Export as XML Document (Export the data from File geodatabase as XML Workspace Doc and then Import it into the Enterprise geodatabase)

Overview of copying geodatabases—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop