Select to view content in your preferred language

Marcelo Marques - Oracle Restore Point and Enterprise Geodatabase Repository Upgrade

Jump to solution
09-03-2024 06:28 AM
JamesMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

Hello Marcelo 

Sorry to ask a direct question but I'm trying to fully understand what is happending with the SDE Tables and Stored Procedures in the SDE Schema. We plan to upgrade from 3.1  to 3.3 on Oracle 19.

In your excellent document you have the following steps.

7. Upgrade Geodatabase Repository
12. Update the ST_GEOMETRY library

So in Step 7 - the SDE Tables and Stored Procedures will get upgraded via ArcGIS Pro 3.3 At this point it does not matter if the ST_GEOMETRY library (libst_shapelib.so) are present on the server or not?

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamesMorrison1 - if the st_geometry library is not configured then the ArcGIS Pro Upgrade Geodatabase GP Tool will show a warning message, but the ArcSDE Repository upgrade shall work fine, after that you can configure the st_geometry library.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamesMorrison1 - if the st_geometry library is not configured then the ArcGIS Pro Upgrade Geodatabase GP Tool will show a warning message, but the ArcSDE Repository upgrade shall work fine, after that you can configure the st_geometry library.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |
JamesMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

Great. And thanks for all the documentation you make. Helps so much. 

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

You are welcome. I am glad the documentation is helpful.  : )

0 Kudos