Issue creating multiversion view

11-23-2014 08:43 PM
AdnanYounas
New Contributor

Hi,

I couldnt create a multiversion view using 10.2. I registered feature dataset as versioned, it created MV view for one class but didnt create the MV view for the other one. Even I tried creating the MV view using command line but I am getting the following error.

Error: Underlying DBMS error (-51).

Error: Unable to create MV view ....................

Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

A

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I bit more information about the database would be helpful.  For example, what version of SDE and what DBMS and version?  Also, are we talking about two feature classes in the feature dataset?  A feature class and a table?  What command and syntax are you using to try to create it from the command line?

0 Kudos
AdnanYounas
New Contributor

Thank-you Joshua for your attention. The ArcSDE version 10.2 and database Oracle 11g.

We are talking about two feature classes in a dataset (actually there are three feature classes and one table but we are interested in two only).

The command syntax used was: sdetable -o create_mv_view -T View_Name -t Table_Name -i Service -u User_Name -p Password

I even tried with different options available like database name etc. getting same error.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have access to the SDE schema tables?  Have you looked to see if there are possibly entries for the view even though it doesn't exist?  Have you tried creating the view with a slightly different name?  I know in the past, if I had an mv_view that I didn't clean up completely, I would sometimes get this error message when trying to recreate the view.

0 Kudos
AdnanYounas
New Contributor

I do have access to the SDE schema tables and I couldnt see any entries for specific view I was creating.

I did try a different name that didnt work either.

I ended up creating a view in a crude way i.e. manually it was not the best option but worked in my case!

Thanks

0 Kudos