Select to view content in your preferred language

How to amend a relationship class

Jump to solution
07-12-2023 06:10 AM
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

We have an existing relationship class in our enterprise database between an asset feature class and an inspections table.  We are seeing some data inconsistencies and suspect it might be down to not having turned on messaging on the relationship class.  

The question is, can we delete and recreate the relationship class without breaking anything?  I don't see a way to turn on messaging on the original relationship class so I assume deletion and recreation is the way forward?

Thanks

Anne

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can drop and recreate the relationship class, but make sure all users are disconnected form the geodatabase and all the arcgis server services are stopped, otherwise when the geodatabase has connections there will be geodatabase locks and schema changes will not be possible.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can drop and recreate the relationship class, but make sure all users are disconnected form the geodatabase and all the arcgis server services are stopped, otherwise when the geodatabase has connections there will be geodatabase locks and schema changes will not be possible.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov