Geometric network sync process and two way replica

03-22-2019 12:05 AM
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have two sde schemas which there are two way replication between each other.
One of my schemas has a dataset with a geometric network. Sync process is performed with non-geometric network  sde2 scheme.

I'm kind of new to Esri replication process, that's why I want to ask you before design system.

The question I want to ask that somehow sync was broken or the replication is corrupted. What should I do in this situation? What precautions would you advise to me take care of about maintaince and restoration in any way?

And my most important question is that what to do if replication is corrupt in some way?

3 Replies
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Can you please clarify the following:

1. Is this a new replica

2.  Is synchronization failed, if yes what is the error message

3.  What makes you think replication is corrupted

4.  Can you please provide your workflow to create replica and editing and synchronization

5.  Why you need 2-way replica

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hello Biraja,

I hope I have answer your questions below.

1. Is this a new replica

Yes, this is a new replica. There will be always two way replica between Sde1 and Sde2 schema.

2.  Is synchronization failed, if yes what is the error message

Actually no. We are trying to design a new architectural system between databases by using Esri replicas. In which posibble scenarios, synchronization might be failed. If we get into this replica system, what possible errors we might take. Which we want to make sure before starting a new our design.

3.  What makes you think replication is corrupted

I didn't encounter for replication to be corrupted before. But I just want to check every possible scenarious before implement this architecture to customer's system.

4.  Can you please provide your workflow to create replica and editing and synchronization

Actually in simpler version of workflow, that's how I can explain:

Our main database will be Sde1. Mobile users will download their data by using Sde2. And they will do so their replica databases which will get this done in Arcgis Server.

After mobile users completed their work, they will post  their data to Sde2 schema which is without geometric network.

After submitting their work, power user will start sync between sde1 and sde2 schemas.

After this workflow, I don't want to get any geometric network error in sde1.

5.  Why you need 2-way replica

After sending data from mobile tablets which they don't use geometric network on mobile db, I have had got some errors in geometric network because of connectivity problem. I want to get it done by using 2-way replica.

Thanks,

Murat Demircan

0 Kudos
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Hi Murat,

Before and after synchronization, run "verify and repair network connectivity" on geometric network. That should take care of most the issues we expect on this workflow. 

To be safer side, work on the developer or staging environment first to set the workflow right before going to production.

Regarding,  "After sending data from mobile tablets which they don't use geometric network on mobile db, I have had got some errors in geometric network because of connectivity problem. ".  Please share the error, we may help what to do to fix it and prevent it if possible.

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos