Geometric Network Issue

Jump to solution
08-18-2015 12:32 PM
CynthiaMatney
New Contributor

Hello.  I am working in 10.2.2 - ArcMap Advanced.  We have a sql database that is versioned.  I unregistered the dataset as versioned and the I created a Geometric Network on our Water Distribution dataset.  All seemed to be okay, so I registered the feature dataset.  However, I found out that those water feature classes that participated within the geometric network, no longer were showing up within people's desktop maps.  I was able to re-add those layers into a map on most occasions and all appeared to work fine while in the map.  However, when you got out and then went back into the map - they once again showed red exclamations next to those water layers.  On a few computers I'd get the error message "Error opening feature class.  The feature class participates in a geometric network that could not be opened.  DBMS table not found."  and I was unable to even add the feature classes back into these maps.  I'd appreciate any insight into this issue!  Thank you much!

Cynthia

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I ended up having to delete the Geometric Network I had created w/in the Water Distribution Feature Dataset (in the SDE) in order for my crews to be able to once again view and utilize all the feature classes w/in that dataset.  Once I deleted the Geometric Network - access was back to normal for all users.

You've hit the nail on the head as to why I avoid feature datasets and the data there in while in the SDE environment...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

re-granting permissions worked like a charm for me.

0 Kudos
AmritaMundal1
New Contributor II

Hi Asrujit SenGupta,

I am working on a case where the user is facing this error: Error opening dataset. Network Property already exists.He is working on ArcMap 10.3.1, Oracle 12C. Will re-granting the permissions help resolve the issue?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Amrita Mundal.

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you find a solution to this? We have an old database presting an identical error as yours, save the table name. I tried to add the network to a map while connected as the data owner and I still get the same error...

0 Kudos