Select to view content in your preferred language

Geodatabse 'ghost' feature dataset and feature layer duplicates

01-17-2024 01:25 PM
Labels (3)
tmo
by
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Long story short, I reprojected my data into WGS 84 without realizing they would be exported into the same master source gdb, deleted the duplicates, but now see ghost duplicates of feature datasets and feature classes of what I deleted when first opening ARC Pro.

Refreshing the geodatabase removes said ghosts, however, I am afraid that this problem will carry over to my data backup dataset and online data were I to update them.

Since then I deleted the duplicate feature dataset for all duplicates; however I still see the 'ghost' of the feature datasets below the real one. This seems to be an intermittent issue and goes away when I refresh my geodatabase.

I want to update my online data and backup data with this layer as it is the main layer, yet I do not want to export this problem to all my data. I have no way of going backwards with my Master gdb which is experiencing these ghost feature data sets and layers.

I have exported the master gdb into a folder to see if the problem is duplicated, yet I did not see any issue. I deleted the original gdb and copied the test gdb to replace, but I am still getting this issue today.

Images from today 10:45 PT

Ghost feature dataset duplicates

tmo_0-1705526650496.png

Ghost duplicate feature classes

tmo_1-1705526650519.png

Post geodatabase refresh

tmo_2-1705526650579.png

4 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Did you try to close ArcGIS Pro and reopened?

Does the duplicates still show up after this?

Are you using a File Geodatabase or an Enterprise Geodatabase ?

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
tmo
by
New Contributor III

I tried closing and reopening the program, the ghost duplicates still display.

I am using a file geodatabase.

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

You can try to create a new ArcGIS Pro document, then close Pro, open the new Pro document and try to open the File Geodatabase again. If this does not solve the issue then there is something funny with your File Geodatabase, I would create a new Empty File Geodatabase and copy the data from the old File Geodatabase to see if that fixes the issue.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
tmo
by
New Contributor III

Great, thank you for the input, I will see if that helps.

0 Kudos