Geodatabase Enterprise

Jump to solution
09-17-2015 08:46 AM
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

i have a oracle database that contain all data with SDO_GEOMTRY.

And i see that with arcgis 10.3 i can connect this and works very well but i this way i'm working with native oracle format.

Instead if i have a ArcGIS Server i can create a geodatabase Enterprise on this oracle database.

I would like to know the difference or limitation if i works in native oracle format instead into geodatabase enterprise.

There is some link to see? Some Document?

Any help it's great

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
7 Replies
QuinnFrancis
New Contributor III

The link below provides some useful information on Oracle data types supported in ArcGIS

Oracle data types supported in ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, but if i works with oracle data type without Geodatabase Enterprise i have some limitation about publish data? Example i can publish a feature service if my data it's on oracle and not into Geodatabase Enterprise? or i suppose that i can't use into map service the relation 1 to M if this relation is on oracle?

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suppose you are using query layers for accessing third party spatial tables from ArcMap. If "yes", take a look at this post:

The Evolution of Query Layers | Support Services Blog

Regards

Jesús de Dego

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

I'm using the Add Database connection

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Hi George,

thanks for your response.

Reading this links i see that my thoughts were right.

If my oracle it's not registered as Geodatabase Enterprise (Create Geodatabase Enterprise Geoprocessing tool) i can't publish feature service, i can't edit my data by arcmap but i can edit it by oracle, i can't use some relation 1 - m if is stored into oracle and so i can't use this into map service when i publish a mxd.

Right?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

You can publish data from a Database and use the ArcGIS Service to edit it

Publishing feature services from databases

Prior to 10.2, you could only publish a map service with feature access enabled (a feature service) to ArcGIS Server if the database contained a geodatabase. At 10.2, you can publish editable feature services from supported database management systems. See theArcGIS database management system requirements for a list of supported databases and spatial data types.

Beginning with ArcGIS 10.2, you should use ArcGIS Server feature services to publish data from a database rather than using ArcGIS Spatial Data Server feature services, as these have been deprecated.

What's new in ArcGIS 10.2 for Server:

http://resources.arcgis.com/EN/HELP/MAIN/10.2/index.html#//015400000640000000