Error 000732 - Import shp into file gdb

Jump to solution
03-09-2018 03:46 PM
MartinPospisil
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I´m dealing with a very simple issue but unfortunately cannot find any solution. I´m trying to import multiple shapefiles into a file geodatabase using the “Feature Class to geodatabase (multiple)” tool. I´m getting the error: 000732 (Input features: Dataset does not exist or is not supported) (no matter if in ArcMap or ArcCatalog). The dataset comes from the OSM-geodata platform Geofabrik.de. With other shp-files it works just fine. Also when I try the export option after loading the shp-file(s) into the Desktop map window it shows the same error. The SHP aren´t damaged anyway and

don´t include No Data values but I don´t think this will be the problem. Any ideas how to solve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MartinPospisil
New Contributor III

Ok the solution is even easier as I thought. The problem was in the file name. There cannot be a dot twice of course cause the dot separates the name of the file from its extension (gis.osm_natural_free_1.shp --> gis_osm_natural_free_1.shp).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Have you examined the coordinates and coordinate system of the files that can be loaded?  If they are coming from a common source and they are the only ones with errors, then you will have to back track what the source is doing that Arc* doesn't like (little things like X, Y's being swapped, incorrect geometry run a repair on them to check).

Do all this in an empty data frame if you are using arcmap or an empty map in PRO. ie... no other data

MartinPospisil
New Contributor III

Ok the solution is even easier as I thought. The problem was in the file name. There cannot be a dot twice of course cause the dot separates the name of the file from its extension (gis.osm_natural_free_1.shp --> gis_osm_natural_free_1.shp).