ERROR 000260: Item with the same path name already exists.

11-04-2019 12:04 AM
lmzh
by
New Contributor

when  I copyed  a table class  named "Bod_Elbow_ATT" to a file geodatabase containing a datasets named "Pipe_Body", my steps are as shown,

,I don't find table class or feature class with the same path name in file geodatabase,why did paste faile?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
lmzh
by
New Contributor

I used arcgis10.6.1

0 Kudos
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

It's been a few months here, but in case this helps someone else...

We ran into this same error recently while trying to copy and paste a feature class from one geodatabase into another.  We found that if we removed all field-to-domain associations from the source feature class (such that the domains were no longer being copied), the operation would succeed.  This indicates that the object with a name conflict is actually a domain, and not the feature class itself.

Our customer didn't care about the domains not being present, so we didn't try to figure out which domain was the problem or troubleshoot any further.

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I was having issues publishing and I removed the domains and it published as expected. 

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks!

I was having this problem when copying a feature class to another geodatabase, with domain names that didn't match.

0 Kudos
José_ManuelMendoza
New Contributor II

Hi Joris,

Any suggestion for my problem here?

I am trying to publish a web tool in Enterprise 10.8.0 from Arcgis pro 2.7.1, but getting this error:

Status: Failed ErrorMessage: ERROR 000260: Write features failed

Status: Failed ErrorMessage: ERROR 000260: Write features failed

Status: Failed ErrorMessage: Failed to execute (StageService).

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel

Hi José, I don't have any experience with publishing web tools. A wild guess is that your tool uses certain data as input, and therefore the publishing service tries to copy it to Enterprise, but for some reason it cannot copy it. Maybe because your data is not in a data store that Enterprise knows.

this is just a wild guess, you better post your question to the ArcGIS Enterprise forum:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/bd-p/arcgis-enterprise-questions

Regards

Joris

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @jorisfrenkel ,

I am having the same issue. What do you mean by "domain names that didn't match" ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel

Hi Nicolas,

If I remember well, I tried to replace a feature class, by removing it and then copying an updated version from another source. However, in the other source, a file geodatabase by the way, two domains that were used by the feature class had a different name. I changed the names of the domains to be identical to the domains in the target database, and then the problem disappeared.

0 Kudos