Creation of of User schema geodatabase

10-18-2017 12:31 AM
MalikAyaz
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have one question regarding the creation of mutiple geodatabse as explained in the documentation :

Set up a geodatabase in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I have one Oracle Instance and I demanded DBA to create two schemas: one is SDE and ons is user schema. All the required oracle privileges were granted as given in documentation : 

Privileges for geodatabases in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Then I launch "Enable geodatabase" on schema SDE and also on user schema through ArcCatalog. 

Both times it was executed without problem. 

In Instances table of master SDE, SDE and my user schema are present. 

But when I tried to import one feature class in user SCHEMA it gave me an error : 

Anybody have an idea about this issue. I think that there can be some oracle grants missing, any idea?

Thanks

Ayyaz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you connect to the User-Schema geodatabase through the Database connection?

The error seems to indicate that you are connected to the Master SDE gdb and trying to load data in that.

Connect to a specific geodatabase version—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also Note the below:

User-schema geodatabase management—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Load data into a user-schema geodatabase

You load data into user-schema geodatabases the same way that you load data into the sde master geodatabase—with ArcGIS Desktop tools.

However, only the schema owner can load data into a user-schema geodatabase. All other users must load data into the sde master geodatabase or into their own user-schema geodatabases. For example, if user1 owns a schema geodatabase, user1 can only create data in the user1 geodatabase. If user2 does not own a schema geodatabase, user2 can only create data in the sde master geodatabase. If a user owns data in more than one geodatabase in the same Oracle database, the geodatabases cannot be upgraded, and the user-schema geodatabase cannot be deleted. You must delete the data from the other geodatabases before you can upgrade.

MalikAyaz
New Contributor II

Hello Asrujit,

Thanks for your reply. Infact I am trying to connect to user schema through SDE connection:

My geodatabase connection properties point towards user schéma bu default version. 

So according to my understading, I am not connecting to SDE directly. 

Thanks again

Ayyaz

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

That is fine, there will be a Default version owned by the Schema owner when you create a User Schema gdb.

So, are you connecting as the same user as 'user schema' that you created for the User Schema gdb. Only the schema owner can load data into a user-schema geodatabase

TinaMorgan1
Occasional Contributor II

Please mark this as answered.

0 Kudos