Attribute assistant functionality outside of editing

10-22-2019 07:01 AM
MitchJohnson
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying out attribute assistant to enforce data integrity at my organization.  So far, it seems like a great tool when you are editing features and if you remember to turn on attribute assistant itself.  I have two questions surrounding the rules established in the dynamic value table and use of attribute assistant:

1. Is it possible to apply newly created rules in the dynamic value table to an entire feature class?  Right now, it seems that you can only enforce the attribute assistant/dynamic value rules when editing or creating features.  I would like to apply those rules to existing features and thus update any errors.

2.  More specifically, for functionality such as "COPY_LINKED_RECORD", is there a way to have it update any features in a related feature class when the related table values changes?  For example, let's say I have a parcel layer and a relationship class with a list of addresses.  Let's say I created a parcel with a Parcel ID being the primary and foreign key between the feature class and address table.  Thus, the parcel automatically gets assigned the address "101 Main St." from the address table.  What if that address changes tomorrow and I update the table to have it change to "202 Smith St."?  The parcel will retain "101 Main St." unless I change or re-create it.  Is there a way to address this?

Thank you,
Mitch

0 Kudos
0 Replies