ArcSDE 10 & ArcIMS 10 Authorizations

08-11-2020 02:58 PM
MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II
This form can only be used to activate ArcSDE 10 & ArcIMS 10 products.

Hi, I am getting the following error message when I am trying to access the Authorization file.  how to correct this issue please 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

My guess is that it has been deactivated since ArcGIS 10.0 is no longer supported (for a while). I would reach out to customer service - https://www.esri.com/en-us/contact#c=us&t=3

--- George T.
MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

@George Thompson

Does making the Enterprise Geodatabase makes the calculations speed faster. 

I have to solve a network model with a large number of cities, and the network model with a large number of cities, ArcGIS hangs.  it is working fine with a small number of cities. Some have suggested storing the data as Enterprise Geodatabase. Will this please help. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I cannot give you concrete guidance on this as there are many factors involved. Especially with calculations: RDBMS being used, RDBMS specs (CPU/RAM), location to ArcGIS Desktop client, specs of Desktop client, versioned data, etc.

Are you running the network model in a file Geodatabase (fGDB) that is on a network drive or local?

What client and version are you running the model with?

Are you planning on sharing this data with an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment?

What would be the RDBMS to be used, if that route is determined?

--- George T.
MuhammadRamzan
New Contributor II

Using the ArcGIS desktop or Arcgis Pro and the data is saved on Local Drive. when I run the Network model on Capital cities only, ArcGIS is able to complete the task. but when I run the model in 2341 cities, ArcGIS is not able to command. 

Are you running the network model in a File Geodatabase (fGDB) that is on a network drive or local?

Local Drive.

What client and version are you running the model with? ArcGIS Pro

Are you planning on sharing this data with an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment? Not looking to Share it 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I am not sure that using an Enterprise Geodatabase would change anything. I am not very familiar with that specific network model.

I can say that if you want to have an Enterprise Geodatabase, you will need to have a license to ArcGIS Server (not Workgroup level). Once you have the ArcGIS Server licenses (keycodes file) you can then use a supported RDBMS of your choice for the Enterprise Geodatabase

Do you get any errors when running for the 2300+ cities in ArcGIS Pro?

How does the CPU / RAM look during the process?

It may be best to work with Technical Support on why this is not working.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I agree with George Thompson‌ about reaching out to Esri Technical Support.  Licensing ArcGIS Enterprise is a very expensive approach that will likely not improve the speed of your calculations, or whether they will complete.  File geodatabases on local drives are some of the fastest performing data stores for analysis, and you are already setup for that.