ArcCatalog wont connect to geo databace folder

06-12-2015 11:00 AM
KristenHook
New Contributor II

Hello,

Im trying to organize the catalog at my new job.  The last planner left our sever a mess of data all connecting randomly with no organization at all!

I see that alot of the maps connect to a folder called "MaltaGeoDatabace.gbd" which I thought I could open in ArcCatalog to see the different shape files it contains.  Turns out I cant see it in the catalog.  It shows up in windows though. I also cant see a few other folders with are not geodatabaces and I don't understand whats happening.  Most of the other folders containing various types of data like hydrology, parcels, and zoning all show up fine.

Im using the most up to data version of the software. alot of these files are old, perhaps that is the issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Have you made a folder connection in Catalog to the folder that contains the GDBs? Click the folder with the plus sign on it, and then you can navigate to the containing folder, and select add. After that you will see it in catalog, and all its contents.

KristenHook
New Contributor II

Just found the actual database.  There was a second folder and then the actual database and i got confused

0 Kudos