Select to view content in your preferred language

After Restore SDE,Owner schema ERROR:invalid Table/column in SDO_GEOM_METADATA table [invalid table/column in SDO_GEOM_METADATA table]

Jump to solution
07-24-2023 04:15 AM
Labels (1)
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Environment: Oracle 11g R2 

Enterprise geodatabase version: 10.7.1 with SDO (Spatial Data Object configuration for storage)

Scenario:

Restoring SDE, Owner Schemas done using impdp from dmp files of the Schemas

When opening feature class attribute table on Arcgis Pro v3.1.2

an error occured "invalid Table/column in SDO_GEOM_METADATA table [invalid table/column in SDO_GEOM_METADATA table] "

RedaAli_0-1690197268329.png

Please advice if there is any required change needed on MDSYS tables and what is it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @RedaAli as your restored Geodatabase does appear to function with ArcMAP 10.7.1, then that suggests the restore may have completed correctly. But unfortunately Oracle 11g R2 is too old for use with ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and so is not a supported option.

ArcGIS 11.1 and ArcGIS Pro 3.1 requirements for Oracle—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS ...

If you want to access your Geodatabase from both ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and ArcMAP 10.7.1 then you need to use Oracle 19c

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS 10.7.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and 2.4—System Requirements | Docu...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support to investigate this further. 
There are many reasons this can happen, including invalid geometries or a bad spatial index.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Hello Marcelo,
When I opened the database connection from ArcMap v10.7.1, the issue resolved for all layers.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @RedaAli as your restored Geodatabase does appear to function with ArcMAP 10.7.1, then that suggests the restore may have completed correctly. But unfortunately Oracle 11g R2 is too old for use with ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and so is not a supported option.

ArcGIS 11.1 and ArcGIS Pro 3.1 requirements for Oracle—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS ...

If you want to access your Geodatabase from both ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and ArcMAP 10.7.1 then you need to use Oracle 19c

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS 10.7.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and 2.4—System Requirements | Docu...

RedaAli
New Contributor III

Thanks for your clarifications @ChrisUnderwood  , it might be an issue with computability of ArcGIS Pro v3.1.2 with oracle 11.2.0.4.

Could you please send the arcgispro v3.1.2 compatibility with Oracle DB versions list?

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@RedaAli - Could you please send the arcgispro v3.1.2 compatibility with Oracle DB versions list?

Answer: Chris Undeerwood's reply has the link to the system requirements page.

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x - 3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.1.2

ArcMap 10.7.x / Pro 2.3.x, 2.4.x

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos