Adding new feature class to a Geometric Network dataset

09-04-2018 05:41 AM
MahizharasanSrinivasan1
New Contributor

Why I cannot copy/paste Feature class from Feature dataset other than owner user? The Feature class also participating in Geometric network.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

You cannot copy/paste the feature class because it participates in the Geometric Network. You should try the Export to Geodatabase (Single)... command from ArcCatalog or the Feature Class to Feature Class GP tool to copy the feature to a location of your choice. 

0 Kudos
MahizharasanSrinivasan1
New Contributor

I am trying to copy/paste entire feature dataset that is having Geometric network dataset.

Into the existing geometric network dataset added new feature class and then trying to copy/paste from sde to local fgdb. but ended up in error "ora 04043: xxxx.featureclass name object table does not exist" other than data owner. If same owner, then able to copy/paste.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

You should be able to COPY FROM the Feature dataset, other than the Data Owner. However you cannot PASTE INTO the Feature Datset. Paste will need Data Owner. This is by design. 

0 Kudos
MahizharasanSrinivasan1
New Contributor

Correct, I agree with you, but the error is coming after addition of new feature class into geometric dataset. previously it was working fine, any user can copy/paste feature dataset from SDE to local FGDB.

0 Kudos