'Add Database Connection' not working

Jump to solution
04-08-2019 05:59 AM
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

I just upgraded one of my servers to 10.5.1 from 10.2.1 and now I can't get the 'Add Database Connection' to work. I've tried it in both ArcMap and ArcCatalog and nothing happens when you double click 'Add Database Connection'. I've tried to search on possible issues but have found nothing. Has anyone else run into this? What could be causing this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe try to recreate your Normal.mxt and Normal.gxt to see if that solves the issue.

Are there any other features of ArcMap/ArcCatalog 10.5.1 that are not working for you?

If so, you might want to try a repair.

If that does not work maybe a re-install.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you getting this dialog box to show up when you double-click Add Database Connection in ArcCatalog?

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

No, I get nothing at all when I double click 'Add Database Connection'.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe try to recreate your Normal.mxt and Normal.gxt to see if that solves the issue.

Are there any other features of ArcMap/ArcCatalog 10.5.1 that are not working for you?

If so, you might want to try a repair.

If that does not work maybe a re-install.

HeatherScroggins

I did a repair and everything seems to be working like it should. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Heather,

Are you able to successfully execute the Create Database Connection tool in Toolbox?

0 Kudos