Select to view content in your preferred language

Subnetwork Controller Import Error

10-18-2018 10:10 AM
Labels (1)
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

Could somebody please explain fully "ERROR 002128: The subnetwork controller name already exists" in the GP tool ImportSubnetworkControllers?  I understand that a controller cannot be assigned to the same subnetwork twice, but I cleaned those up.  The tier in question is "Pipe Distribution Isolation", and the controller in question is "Controllable Valve,Emergency".  Can a controller, even if bidirectional, only be assigned to one subnetwork?  If so, why did the tool not complain about other valves earlier in the import file?  [And no, there are no duplicate port assignments.]

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

The tool works if I assign each valve to only one subnetwork.  This complicates things as I will have to work out the logic to assign valves singly without leaving orphaned subnetworks.  I'm still puzzled as to why the tool allowed a number of multiple assignments to pass before it finally failed.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

As long as each row is referencing a different terminal you should be fine.  Is it possible that the other valve were each referencing different terminals and this latest valve has two or more rows referencing the same terminal?

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

No, that's not the case.  I verified that the valve in question had a unique name, but I'll do some more digging in case the row number in the error message was misleading.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

I have verified via the Pro SDK that I can only assign one emergency valve terminal as an isolation subnetwork controller -- if I try to assign the other terminal to the adjacent subnetwork, it fails. [Update: I also verified it manually using the Modify Subnetwork Controller pane]

Apparently, the reason the same valve kept failing in the GP tool, no matter where it was in the CSV file, is that the file is digested and then controllers are processed in the order that valves are retrieved from the GDB.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

That definitely seems like a bug (I'm assuming a manual test would also fail), if you haven't already logged a bug with Esri I'd definitely do that.  Each terminal on an emergency valve should definitely be able to act as its own isolation controller.  Are you going to be at GeoConX?

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

Unfortunately, no -- 2 others from my department are going.  I'll go ahead and start a support request and see what Esri has to say about this.

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Mark -

Please let us know the case number after you contact our support team. 

ERROR 002128: The subnetwork controller name already exists

The error you received should be returned when the subnetwork controller name used in the CSV file is not unique within the specified tier. 

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

Case #02207792

MarkCederholm
Regular Contributor II

Well, I finally found a way to get it to work.  I was trying to find a way to assign unique controller names, but the GP tool kept telling me that it was an invalid name, and could only get it to accept the valve name without modification (for example, if the valve name was "FLS272", I could not get "FLS272a" to work.  This morning I tried using "Port Name/Valve Name" (e.g. "Port One/FLS272") and the tool ran without an error.

0 Kudos