Attribute Assistant Automatic US/DS Manhole From Junction Field

Jump to solution
03-28-2018 08:23 AM
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

I am relatively new with Attribute Assistant and looking for some direction on how to properly configure the From Junction Field method. 

Currently we have a field STRUCT_ID_TXT a string field that holds the Manhole ID. For the Main feature class there is a field called US_MH and DS_MH that contains the upstream and downstream Manhole ID's. The goal is when I draw a new main it should automatically populate the Manhole ID in the Main.

At this point I have not been able to successfully configure. Can anyone in detail provide a way to configure this within the Dynamic Value table. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Okay I figured out the problem. The configuration was correct however the field types have to be the same type. So Text = Text, Long = Long

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

This method only required the field name as it gets the feature from the geometric network.  If you change your rule to only list the field you wish to copy, should be all set.  I would also suggest activating the log file, it can help trace a configuration file error.

Configure Attribute Assistant - Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions 

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Michael,

I have seen you respond to a similar post however can you provide the configuration for the dynamic table based on the information I have provided? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Okay I figured out the problem. The configuration was correct however the field types have to be the same type. So Text = Text, Long = Long

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

^^^ The above example was just a test but I was able to successfully transfer the Text  values into the Main Feature Class. Best of luck y'all 

0 Kudos