Apply Asset Package Script Tool Error

Jump to solution
07-31-2018 11:42 AM
Labels (1)
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I'm going through the Naperville Gas utility network walkthrough, and when I tried to run the untools Apply Asset Package tool, I got the following error:

File "untools\utils\schema_package.py", line 811, in _validate_associations_have_rules
rules = rules.append(junction_rules, sort=False)
TypeError: append() got an unexpected keyword argument 'sort'

After I commented out the "sort" keyword on line 811, the tool ran fine.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

To add to Paul's response.  The tool is expecting pandas .23 or higher.  At .23, a new keyword was added.  If you installed something in python that downgraded your pandas version, you will experience this issue.  You can wait for the updated set of tools which will require >.23 or you can upgrade your version through conda.

Here is some information on the change to pandas:

https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/whatsnew.html#concatenation-will-no-longer-sort

See the note that append also received the sort keyword

View solution in original post

10 Replies
HungTruong
New Contributor III

Do you have the latest updates of Pro and 10.6.1 Enterprise?

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Yes.  Latest version of everything.  Which leads me to think that a recently developed flaw slipped through the cracks after the documentation was published.

0 Kudos
HungTruong
New Contributor III

I cannot re-produce the error, the Apply Asset Package worked well for me. Here is my configuration:

ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0

untools 2.2

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1

Gas Asset Package (released June 25, I guess, the latest one)

You may need to check the verion of untools you are using, make sure it is the version 2.2

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I'm the same, except that Pro is 2.2.1.  That shouldn't make any difference?

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Mark,

I think Patch 1 for Pro 2.2 could be an issue. I’m having issues with the deployment adding in trying to download the pro package to 10.6.1 portal and agol. all works fine without the patch applied. i have someone in esri inc looking at it now

0 Kudos
HungTruong
New Contributor III

No, it's not. Pro 2.2.1 works as well, I've just tested it

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

We'll be releasing untools 2.2.1 in the next few days that will pin the dependency of pandas.

For more information: What’s New — pandas 0.23.4 documentation 

MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

To add to Paul's response.  The tool is expecting pandas .23 or higher.  At .23, a new keyword was added.  If you installed something in python that downgraded your pandas version, you will experience this issue.  You can wait for the updated set of tools which will require >.23 or you can upgrade your version through conda.

Here is some information on the change to pandas:

https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/whatsnew.html#concatenation-will-no-longer-sort

See the note that append also received the sort keyword

MarkCederholm

Finally, a reply that makes sense to me.  I followed the disconnected installation because my corporate firewall is a son-of-a-b**** and so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a requirement.

0 Kudos