Additional asset information in Utility Network 2.0

07-30-2018 11:53 AM
StevenBell2
New Contributor III

I don't see anywhere for additional asset information to stored in the new Utility Network 2.0.  Manufacturer information, service dates... additional information that could be useful to a worker in the field.  ESRI recommends against using joins with this data.  Is that what Notes is for?  Are we supposed to add a lot of additional fields?  Does anyone have a strategy for this type of information?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

For medium and large sized utilities a lot of this detail is stored and maintained inside external asset management systems (Cityworks, SAP, Maximo, and WAM are the ones I've seen the most).  Related data you're going to be using in things like collector is going to be captured in related tables (the example packages have inspections done this way).  Other misc related data can be stored in flat tables and then either related or joined to the source data as needed.  I wouldn't recommend having these joins and relates in your day-to-day editing displays since they'll impact performance, but having specific views that pull in several aspects of this data at a time is pretty typical.