ArcGIS API for Python 2024 Beta Exam Registration Opens

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArcGIS API for Python 2024 Beta Exam Registration Opens

Published on ‎06-29-2023 11:00 AM by Esri Contributor | Updated on ‎12-08-2023 11:26 AM

New Certification Beta Exam Opportunity: ArcGIS API for Python Associate 2024

The beta exam period for Esri’s new ArcGIS API for Python Associate 2024 technical certification has been scheduled for December 18, 2023 – January 6, 2024. Anyone who is interested in being one of the first to achieve this new certification is invited to participate.

How to Participate

1. Carefully review the exam information guide to assess whether your current knowledge and skills align with the exam content.
  2. Review beta exam frequently asked questions.
  3. If you decide to take the beta exam, let us know you’re participating by clicking “Yes, I’m Going” here on this page. Optionally, add the beta exam time period to your calendar.
  4. Purchase an exam voucher. The voucher has a code that you will need to enter when making your exam appointment. The process to purchase an exam voucher varies based on your affiliation. Review the section below to learn more.
  5. After receiving your voucher, schedule your exam appointment on the PearsonVUE website. You will need to create a PearsonVUE account if you do not already have one. Note: Exam appointments can be made starting on December 18 when the beta exam period opens.
  6. Prepare for your exam (the exam information guide includes a list of resources that can help you ).
  7. Show up on your exam date and good luck!

How to Purchase Exam Vouchers

• Are you a student or an Esri customer? Purchase your voucher at Esri Academy.
  • Are you an Esri Distributor employee? Purchase your exam voucher through My Esri.
  • Are you an employee of an Esri Partner Network organization? Your organization may have a voucher available for you—talk with your manager to see if that’s the case. If no vouchers are available, purchase a voucher at Esri Academy.
  • Are you an Esri, Inc. employee? Follow the instructions on this page to request approval and obtain an exam voucher.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Mon, Dec 18, 2023 08:00 AM PST
End:
Sat, Jan 6, 2024 11:30 PM PST
20 Comments
FinalDraftMapping
Occasional Explorer

I also bought the voucher but didn't see the beta exam on Pearson Vue

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @FinalDraftMapping -- The appointment window will be open at Pearson VUE on 18 December 2023 and lasts until 06 January 2024. To review the beta appointment window, check out our article: Esri Beta Exam Schedule. Best to you on exam day!

MarcusPaoloPatam
New Contributor II

Hi, 

If I book the exam after the beta period ( apparently I can via PearsonVUE) , what bearing would it have?
Would it be still okay to take the certification still? Many thanks!

Cheers,
Marcus

Hi @MarcusPaoloPatam! The only beta exam that is currently available on the PearsonVue site is the ArcGIS API for Python Associate exam. You are welcome to take that or any other exam that's available. 

Thanks @RolandWilson !

What I was clarifying is if I take it after the Beta period ( after Jan 6) , will the results still come after 8 to 10 weeks after the date of the exam?
Just working out the timelines 🙂

Cheers,
Marcus

@MarcusPaoloPatam Got it! Yes, results will still come 8 to 10 weeks after the close of the Beta period.

Hi @MarcusPaoloPatam, wanted to add additional clarification. When the final exam is available, the results will come 5-10 business days after you take the exam.

Thanks again @RolandWilson ! Appreciate the clarifications!

Cheers, 
Marcus

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MarcusPaoloPatam -- Thank you so much for your post -- it alerted us to an issue with our vendor system. Unfortunately there was an error on the Pearson VUE Registration System. When it is programmed properly, the registration system does not allow for appointments to be created past the availability date. Pearson resolved the error on Thursday and contacted all test takers. If you need any further assistance, complete our form (sign in if it doesn't auto populate) and I'd be glad to assist you privately.    

Hi @JRosalesGIS , happy to help, this is exactly why I had to ask the question. 😁
See you around in ther next one

Cheers,
Marcus

IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi @RolandWilson ,

Before the new year, I booked the exam for the 25th Jan, unfortunately I got a notification today that the exam has been cancelled. I tried to book the exam again but I am unable to do so. 
I am aware that there is a time frame for booking the exam, but not for taking it, and I believe you confirmed that in your response above. 
I am keen on taking the exam so that I would be eligible for getting into the SME program. Is there a chance to book the exam even before 25th Jan if that is required?

Regards
Ihab

Hi @IhabHassan - Beta exams do have a time frame, it's outlined at the top of the page. Our apologies if that wasn't clear in the text. I will connect with PearsonVue on why the system allowed you to register outside of that timeframe.

Me and my coleague have the same problem. The company purchased the exam vouchers for both of us, and we booked our exam on PearsonVue for March 22. We both understood the deadline of Jan 6, was for booking the exam, not taking it. That was further confirmed by PearsonVue offering all the other time slots.

We received an automatic cancellation notification on friday. What can we do now?

We definitely apologize for this inconvenience, we will make adjustments to our text for future beta exams to make that more clear. For next steps you can either have your company request a refund by contacting customer service or you can take our upcoming GIS Fundamentals Foundation beta exam. Let us know if you have any questions.

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ericsson -- Thank you so much for your post -- it alerted us to an issue with our vendor system. Unfortunately there was an error on the Pearson VUE Registration System. When it is programmed properly, the registration system does not allow for appointments to be created past the availability date. Pearson resolved the error on Thursday and contacted all test takers. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope you will allow us an opportunity to further resolve this with you. Please complete our form (sign in if it doesn't auto populate) and I'd be glad to assist you privately to determine the best way to support you.    

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @IhabHassan -- Thank you very much for your comment and we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the error on the Pearson VUE Registration System. The registration system should have restricted exam appointments to ensure they did not exceed the beta availability date. Because of the error, Pearson had to manually cancel the appointments within the system that were scheduled past the availability date. We understand that you had intended to sit for the beta exam to earn your SME badge. Please allow us to further assist you with this issue privately. Please complete our form (sign in if it doesn't auto populate) and I'd be glad to assist you.    

Thanks @JRosalesGIS for your response, really appreciate it. I have just submitted the issue form.

Regards
Ihab

Hi @JRosalesGIS ,
can I ask, when is it expected that the SME badges will be sent out?
Thanks.

Regards
Ihab

@IhabHassan We are actively working on these now and we hope to have them completed soon!