Select to view content in your preferred language

Sacramento Area GIS Enthusiast and One-Person GIS Department

2 weeks ago
Labels (3)
MollyCasey
New Contributor III

Hi all! My name is Molly Casey and I have about 3 years of experience. I am the GIS Project Manager at a surveying and engineering firm which has been a blast because I get to come up with GIS solutions in a company that traditionally hasn't used much GIS. My challenge is I am the only GIS professional at the company which is why I was so excited to read about YPN! I'd love to connect with other GIS professionals.

I haven't found much GIS community in the Sacramento area and I am wondering if anyone knows of any in-person meetups. Thanks so much!

2 Replies
RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MollyCasey ! Thank you for joining Esri YPN - I am the Sr Marketing Manager for the Esri Education Team and also on the Esri YPN Advisory Board. I'd like to collaborate with you and send some resources seeing as you're a one-person GIS department, can you email me at rboone@esri.com as soon as it's convenient? 

HajarAlqayoudhi
New Contributor III

Hi Molly! Your role sounds fascinating. While I'm not aware of specific meetups in Sacramento, have you tried looking into local universities or tech hubs? They often host GIS events. Also, online communities like Esri YPN could be great for networking. Feel free to reach out if you ever want to connect or discuss GIS challenges! 

All the best 

0 Kudos