Select to view content in your preferred language

Recent BA Graduate with GIS, Seeking Mentor

05-22-2023 08:37 AM
Labels (2)
Omega
by
New Contributor II

I am graduating with a degree in International Studies focusing in GIS (a perfect technological complement to my language and research skills). I'm looking for jobs that will help me get some more work experience. I have been based in Idaho for the past two years, but will be moving to San Francisco in August. I have been working for the past 5 semesters as a Teaching Assistant and Tutor for nearly all of my institutions' GIS/Remote Sensing courses. I have a strong resume as a reliable and detail-oriented employee with experience in a few different industries - please reach out to me directly if you would like to see a copy.

Omega Thiel | LinkedIn

5 Replies
RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Omega - your background is quite impressive! I have a few suggestions for you:

I hope these help!

Omega
by
New Contributor II

Thank you, @RosemaryBoone! I'll look into these networks and communities!

0 Kudos
RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

@Omega - Imagery/Remote Sensing is an emerging field! We have been on the lookout for a young professional to contribute a blog post on the benefits of entering that field (i.e., skills gained, remote sensing spans various industries, access to advanced technology). Would you be interested in working with the Esri YPN team to write a blog post on this? If so, please email me at rboone@esri.com 🙂 and we'll go from there!

Omega
by
New Contributor II

I'd love to!

0 Kudos
AubinDouglas
New Contributor

Hi @Omega, I'd also recommend looking into the Women+ in Geospatial mentorship program. It's free, but you have to apply. Let me know if you'd like any help with that. 🙂

-Aubin

0 Kudos