Select to view content in your preferred language

Landsat 8 Band Ratios for Geological Feature Interpretation

02-22-2024 05:30 AM
Labels (3)
DheaPratamaNovianPutra
New Contributor

Hello, I'm Dhea Pratama Novian Putra, Master Degree Student of Geomatics Engineering, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Indonesia. This semester, I'm working on my thesis with the topic of spatial reconstruction optimization to geological mapping for geothermal environment monitoring. One part of my thesis is using Landsat 8 band ratios to interpret surface geological features. I found so many references which applied this method, but they were using several combinations of band ratios. I'm still looking for the most recommended band ratios combination that can be applicable in geothermal areas. I'm very thankful if there is anyone can help me to recommend this combination. Thank you

2 Replies
IaroslavZifceac
New Contributor II

Hi DheaPratamaNovianPutra!

I am looking for something similar. I am trying to study the geotermal patterns in various geological scenarios...but until now I couldn't find anything that can help me. 

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
BANDIJAYASATYADURGARAO
New Contributor II

What are the most recommended band ratio combinations of Landsat 8 imagery for interpreting surface geological features in geothermal areas, considering factors such as spectral sensitivity and geological characteristics?"

0 Kudos