Select to view content in your preferred language

Introduction: Diving Deeper into GIS with Esri YPN

08-18-2024 09:46 PM
Labels (1)
Callum_Davis
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

My name is Callum Davis, and I am really excited to be here! I recently graduated from the University of Redlands with a degree in Business Administration and a minor in GIS. Over the past few years, I have become really passionate about GIS and the endless uses of it in every industry, and I am looking forward to diving deeper into the field professionally.

This past July, I had the chance to volunteer as a Student Assistant at the 2024 Esri User Conference, which was an incredible experience. It gave me a chance to see just how powerful the GIS community is and led me to join Esri YPN. I am really looking forward to attending my first Redlands Chapter meetup this October!

I am here to learn, connect, and exchange ideas with everyone. I am also especially interested in seeing the different ways you all use GIS and finding new opportunities to grow my skills.

Thank you all for embracing me into this community, and I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Feel free to reach out and connect with me on LinkedIn.

Best wishes,

Callum Davis

4 Replies
MeetMerchant
Esri Contributor

Hi @Callum_Davis , nice to meet you! I was at the UC this year and it was an incredible experience 😁

Callum_Davis
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MeetMerchant, nice to meet you too! That’s awesome you were at the UC! It really was an amazing event, so many interesting sessions and great people.

0 Kudos
JohnDoherty1995
Occasional Contributor

Welcome to the Esri YPN community, Callum! It's great to see your passion for GIS and how you've already immersed yourself in the field, especially with your experience at the Esri User Conference. Volunteering there must have been an amazing opportunity to see the real-world impact of GIS. I’m looking forward to seeing how you continue to grow and contribute to the community. The Redlands Chapter meetup in October sounds like a fantastic way to connect with fellow professionals—I'm sure you'll find it valuable. Let's definitely stay connected and explore the endless possibilities of GIS together!

Best, 

John Doherty

Callum_Davis
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JohnDoherty1995, thank you for the warm welcome! The Esri User Conference was such a life changing experience for me, I learned so much and got to see just how widespread GIS has become. I’m looking forward to getting more involved with the YPN and connecting with others who share the same passion. The October meetup should be a great way to start, and I’d love to stay connected and see all the possibilities of GIS.

0 Kudos