Select to view content in your preferred language

Hello everyone! I am new to the ESRI's YPN and Excited to be Here!

08-16-2024 09:11 AM
Labels (2)
DarionMahadeo
Occasional Contributor

Hello to my beautiful fellow YPN Members,

Happy Friday! I hope that everyone is having a blessed and super summer!

My name is Darion David Mahadeo, from the Southernmost Caribbean Island, Trinidad. I am a full-time researcher completing my PhD.

Since joining the ESRI’s YPN, I am thrilled to see the wonderful stuff that this network has going on.

I spent the last month reading blog posts within this space and noticed the high-level of community spirit, support, diversity and inclusion. It is indeed fantastic to be here!

I joined the YPN several months ago, but I wanted to meet everyone in-person (as I'm very shy - not the first person to start a conversation). I got this opportunity at the ESRI UC 2024, where everyone was welcoming, supportive, and demonstrated great leadership attributes which encouraged me to stay here and get more involved.

Networking and connections are the most meaningful aspects of life. For me, the most noteworthy one was forging life-long friendships while being a UC Student Assistant this year. 

I see YPN as a platform where Young Professionals (especially) can learn, grow, and develop themselves personally and professionally. I therefore highly recommend being active here, reaching out and collaborating with each other!

In this regard, my background is Geomatics, Geoinformatics, Surveying and Land Information (with a specialized focus on GeoAI, GIS, Remote Sensing, Sustainable Development, Environmental and Climate Science).

Trust me guys, ESRI & the ESRI YPN is amazing!

Keep in touch always 😊. Here's my LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/darion-david-mahadeo-16866526b

Let's connect (or in Trinidad dialect, "Lewwe connect!") 😉

Regards,

Darion

#EsriYPN #Darion

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Callum_Davis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Darion,

Happy Friday to you too!

It was awesome meeting you and hanging out as a Student Assistant at the 2024 Esri UC. Your enthusiasm and commitment to the YPN community was truly apparent to me. I loved hearing about your experiences and the insights you’ve gained through your PhD research in Geomatics and GeoAI. It’s clear you’re passionate about both your field and the growth of our network.

Your perspective on networking and forming meaningful connections aligns with what I feel as well. I completely agree that the ESRI YPN offers incredible opportunities for personal and professional development. It was great to see you making the most of those opportunities and building lasting friendships.

Looking forward to staying connected and seeing more of your contributions to the YPN (hopefully at a US meetup one day)!

Best regards,

Callum Davis

DarionMahadeo
Occasional Contributor

@Callum_Davis, thank you and it was indeed an honor to have met you. You're an exceptional rising young professional and an amazing human being!

The time we’ve spent chatting and connecting will forever be cherished. Really appreciate your stories shared with me and your perspectives regarding your professional endeavors. You are a real team player and can fit in everywhere!

Definitely, looking forward to meeting again in the US soon (maybe I might get an opportunity in CA). Keep in touch and take care 🙂

With appreciation,

@DarionMahadeo 

HeshamGG
Occasional Contributor

Hi Darion, Welcome to the Esri YPN community! Looking forward to seeing your contributions and insights

DarionMahadeo
Occasional Contributor

Hi @HeshamGG , thanks with much appreciation!

0 Kudos
MeetMerchant
Esri Contributor

Hi @DarionMahadeo , good to meet you! I agree, Esri YPN is amazing!!

DarionMahadeo
Occasional Contributor

@MeetMerchant, good to meet you also! Certainly 🙂

0 Kudos
ShabbirRaza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Darion, Happy to see you too. Do share your work in the Esri YPN community! 

DarionMahadeo
Occasional Contributor

@ShabbirRaza happy to see you. Certainly!

0 Kudos
AWildHealy
Emerging Contributor

Hi @DarionMahadeo !

Happy Friday from the future, haha! I hope we can meet in person at one of the conferences, when we're both student assistants!!

0 Kudos