Select to view content in your preferred language

Visualizing Data Using ArcGIS API for Python Class

3 weeks ago
Jeaner
by
New Contributor II

I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong in this exercise (Visualize data on a map in ArcGIS Notebooks). The basic steps are using Notebook to create a webmap, add an existing layer, add a layer (fires) from a local gdb that is filtered then save the map to AGOL. I see the the fires layer is added in Notebook. But when I save the map to AGOL the fires layer is not there. I included the lesson as an attachment to this post. Halp! Driving me nuts.

Jeaner_0-1719679067208.png

4 Replies
Jeaner
by
New Contributor II

I redid the tutorial step by step. I see now that the fires layer is added but it's in Africa when I open the table and center on selection. I asked ChatGPT to help me and it gave me instructions to reproject but it's still not working. 

0 Kudos
BobBooth1
Esri Contributor

If you see the fire data off the west coast of Africa, it is probably a projection problem.

0 Kudos
Jeaner
by
New Contributor II

Right--but it's training data and I'm pretty sure I followed the directions carefully--so it shouldn't do that and I shouldn't have to change the projection. Just wondering if anyone else had the same thing.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Jeaner, if you're still having the issue, please click the Help link inside the course (top-right menubar) so our team can evaluate the issue.

0 Kudos