Stop sending invitation emails and notifications for completed training courses

Jump to solution
01-12-2022 08:42 AM
Labels (3)
PatIampietro
Occasional Contributor

Can esri please refrain from sending email invitations and notifications for training courses that the user has already completed? The information is there in every user's transcript.

Having taken quite a few of esri's great online training courses, the vast majority of emails I get pitching a course or MOOC in which I might be interested is for courses I've already completed. It is not always obvious at first glance that this is the case, requiring clicks and signing in only to find that there is nothing new there. We'd all be better served if the email was never sent in the first place.

Esri knows which courses we've all taken. In fact, I'm quite certain they mine this info to choose which course invitations to send us. Seems like a simple thing to check to see if we've already done a course before pitching it to us.

I'd rather not opt out of ALL training emails, as I am interested in hearing about new courses I have not yet completed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Well, that four-letter word really hurts my heart. 🙂 Rest assured, we will continue to make every effort to make sure you don't receive emails for courses you have completed. If you'd care to share your email address with me (email me at sboden@esri.com), I can look into why this is happening (could be the timing of when you complete a course and when the emails are moving through the system or it could be that we have multiple emails for you...or it could be something else). 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you're receiving emails about courses you've already completed. We do make every effort to make sure that doesn't happen, but unfortunately no system is perfect. Currently, the solution to guarantee you won't receive irrelevant emails is to opt out of all Training emails. We certainly don't want to annoy you again. 🙂 All new MOOCs will be announced here in this space and many of our other new training courses will be as well.

0 Kudos
PatIampietro
Occasional Contributor

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned, opting out of all Training emails is not a viable solution, as I don't want to miss any that are actually relevant. If esri can't figure out how not to send redundant notifications, I (and I'm sure many others) will just continue to deal with the SPAM.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Well, that four-letter word really hurts my heart. 🙂 Rest assured, we will continue to make every effort to make sure you don't receive emails for courses you have completed. If you'd care to share your email address with me (email me at sboden@esri.com), I can look into why this is happening (could be the timing of when you complete a course and when the emails are moving through the system or it could be that we have multiple emails for you...or it could be something else). 

0 Kudos
PatIampietro
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Suzanne!

And sorry for swearing. No offense intended. I'll email you to follow up.

Cheers,

-pat

0 Kudos