Starting self-guided learning - recommended ArcGIS software?

03-24-2021 08:36 AM
Labels (2)
Daniel65
New Contributor

I am planning to begin some self-guided learning for the next few months, as I cannot get into any local classes til Fall. I just invested in an annual student license for ArcGis Desktop. What software do you recommend to correspond with the ESRI classes here? Is Desktop OK or Pro or Online? What is the difference? Does the Desktop license give my access to both as as student maybe?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel, "ArcGIS Desktop" includes both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. An ArcGIS for Student Use license includes ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcMap plus extension products and unlimited access to our e-Learning collection on the Training site. My suggestion would be to first focus on learning ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online. We have many learning plans on specific topics for each product. Learning plans can include both instructor-led classes (paid) and e-Learning resources--you can pick and choose which resources best meet your learning goals. Check out all the available learning plans at https://www.esri.com/training/learning-plans/.