New Contributor III

None 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a 'map' in raster format ... here ...

for unreferenced vector data ... here ...

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a 'map' in raster format ... here ...

for unreferenced vector data ... here ...

karimAsaker
New Contributor III

Well,

Í did this for raster data and there is no problem

With these steps 

The problem is, in  Rectify ,í can't find the formats of image like ( Tiff

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

tiff is an image which is a raster (use option 1). so why did you mark you answer correct then?

0 Kudos
karimAsaker
New Contributor III

I didn't mean it 

But 

I can't find the formats 

(tiff, file geo

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

supported raster formats link.  If the *.tif raster has a *.tfw file with it, then your raster may have spatial information already associated with it.  If there are *.aux and other files there, it may already be georeferenced.  So before going down the route of trying to georeferenced a tif, I would

• insert a new dataframe
  • just add the tiff

if the tiff loads, report its coordinate system and extent.  It could be that the tif just needs to have its coordinate system defined rather than georeferenced.

You need to report more information than you have, and you should not proceed until you are absolutely sure that the tif is nothing more than a pure image.

karimAsaker
New Contributor III

Thank you so much 

You helped me    

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karim, if you work for (or go to school at) an organization with a current Esri maintenance subscription, this hands-on web course might be useful to learn more about georeferencing best practices: Georeferencing Raster Data Using ArcGIS

karimAsaker
New Contributor III

Excuse me, 

I have some questions and I think you can

.answer me

What qualifications should I get to work for esri at the field of mapping ?? A

And could this work be online?? 

Could you guide me to the certain studying road to get an online mapping job?? o

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karim, the www.gis.com website has some really good information about GIS jobs and education resources. There are many things employers look for in addition to mapping skills (Python and JavaScript are useful to know about, as well as analysis and modeling skills, communication skills and personal qualities like enthusiasm and a commitment to learning). Qualifications will depend on the kind of job you're interested in. The Training site has a lot of online resources you can use to develop your tech skills and increase your knowledge on GIS concepts and applications--check out learning plans and also Esri MOOCs, which are online and highly rated.

0 Kudos