Earth Imagery at Work AMA (Ask Me Anything): Friday Oct 20, 10:30 am-11:30am PT

10-10-2017 11:59 AM
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Join Earth Imagery at Work instructors Kevin Butler and Emily Windahl, live here on the GeoNet Community for an AMA (Ask Me Anything). The AMA will take place in this discussion thread on Friday October 20, 2017 from 10:30am-11:30am PT, and we invite you to ask Kevin and Emily questions about the course, about earth imagery data, Esri software, GIS or anything else that comes to mind. 

During the AMA, if you are logged in, you can post your questions in the comments below and Kevin and Emily will reply to your questions in comments. You're welcome to post questions ahead of the AMA but we won't begin answering them until the AMA begins on October 20 at 10:30am PT. 

AMA Tips and GeoNet Community Guidelines

• When asking questions and comments during the AMA, remember to follow the GeoNet Community Guiding Principles.
  • This discussion page will not auto-refresh, so please remember to refresh this page to see new questions, comments and replies. 

You'll know the AMA is live when you see the picture below with Kevin and Emily. 

Thanks for joining us and we'll see you then!

10:30am - And we're live! Go ahead and ask your questions! 

11:03am - We're halfway through. Great questions! Keep 'em coming! 

11:25am - Five minutes to go! Got any fun questions for Kevin and Emily?

11:30am - Overtime! We'll take your questions too during this bonus 10 minutes! 

11:40am  - And that's a wrap! The live AMA has ended but Kevin and Emily will continue to answer questions as schedules allow. Thanks for joining us and asking great questions! 

Tags (3)
73 Replies
GarySo
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for putting this class on again. Will there be a training class for Drone2Map and how to  utilize that imagery into 3-D structure modeling? Also, since we are in the midst of the damaging fires here in Santa Rosa, in there any imagery data available on ArcOnline for damage assessment? My local fire district is trying to determine the actual # of lost structures  within the district and its impact on the district's immediate future.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
KevinButler
New Contributor III

I haven't seen imagery for Santa Rosa yet... I'd reach out to the county and see where they're at. In future offerings we'll look more in depth at how to work with drone imagery in ArcGIS Pro and the rest of the platform. There's a bunch of stuff in development that's not quite ready to be highlighted. 

0 Kudos
GarySo
by
New Contributor II

Hi Kevin! 

I will do that! I hope the fires haven't severely impacted you and your family. I have been working with some drone imagery and learning how to utilize it for emergency and other application such as damage assessment. I have a bit more motivation now with these recent events! 🙂

FrancisHourigan1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gary, here is a web app that CalFire put together of structures damaged in the fires for Sonoma County: 

Public Information Map 

Hope this helps.