Classifying Imagery Using ArcGIS: ERROR

05-31-2019 01:19 AM
Labels (2)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying out the 'Classifying Imagery Using ArcGIS' at Esri Training page. I am currently at the following exercise and step:

• Exercise: Create a land cover map using unsupervised classification
    • Step: Classify the data

The instruction is clear enough (although it was not indicated where we can check that the raster has 256 different pixel value). Despite the straight-to-the-point instruction, the 'Iso Cluster Unsupervised Classification' tool keeps throwing back errors at me. And the errors are not one, but 3! I am attaching a screenshot of it below:

Results

I am not sure what I did wrong but this is quite discouraging since I am very eager to explore ArcMap's capacity for image classification finally. Any help would be great cause the errors are not making sense to me in relation to the instruction given. I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 and operating on Windows 10.

P/S: Oh, and if someone can tell me how it manages to find that the raster is made up of 256 different pixels would be great too. 

Regards,

Azalea

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Azalea, sorry to hear you're having an issue. We will look into this and let you know how to resolve this.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Suzanne! That would be lovely. I've been looking for this sort of tutorial to better grasp my understanding of LULC classification. And this is great. I'm sorry to hear that it'll be retired next year though. But I'm sure you guys have come up with improved version of it.

0 Kudos