ArcScene

Jump to solution
09-18-2019 06:12 PM
ChuckTurlington
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have ArcScene 10.4.1.

I researched the Esri University courses for ArcScene, but not finding any courses related to ArcScene.  Anyone have a link or suggestions why I cannot find information on ArcScene?  There is some on YouTube but would prefer to go thru Esri for the training if possible.  Is ArcScene getting phased out, is why there is no Esri information available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It could be interpreted as ArcScene or ArcGIS Pro but I'd have to start the lesson and review the materials to know for certainty.  My suspicion is many of the older technology web courses are being phased out in favor of more current GIS technologies.  In fact, Esri Training lists pending/retired courses here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Chuck - I did a keyword search on ArcScene on the Esri Training webpage and found 3 courses that may be of interest to you.  ArcScene and ArcGlobe are old 3D viewers that are shipped with the 3D Analyst extension.  A more capable 2D/3D application to consider is ArcGIS Pro.  The rendering/graphics/speed are vastly improved over the older Scene/Globe viewers.  ArcMap is slowly being retired with ArcGIS Pro the replacement.  As such, ArcScene and ArcGlobe will also be phased out as well.  Hope this helps!

ChuckTurlington

Robert,

I noticed that the course titles that come up with a search for ArcScene, does not show the term "ArcScene".  The titles do have "3D" in the title language, which I assume is interpreted as ArcScene or ArcGIS Pro?  By the way: yes, your response is very helpful, thanks for that!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It could be interpreted as ArcScene or ArcGIS Pro but I'd have to start the lesson and review the materials to know for certainty.  My suspicion is many of the older technology web courses are being phased out in favor of more current GIS technologies.  In fact, Esri Training lists pending/retired courses here.

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chuck, Robert's link above did not work for me, so just in case you need it, here's another link to the web courses that cover ArcGIS 3D Analyst (which includes ArcScene). Cheers! https://www.esri.com/training/Bookmark/P3JMC9PGP

ChuckTurlington

Thanks Suzanne!! 

I also had the same issue, but found the items by a search.  However, it is good to know I was not the only one, thanks for your feedback response.

0 Kudos