ArcPro Licensing for MOOC

Jump to solution
07-28-2017 10:07 AM
PeterMarckmann
New Contributor

Our company already has an ELA for ArcGIS Pro. Can we use our current install of ArcGIS Pro in the MOOC? Or will they need a separate install and separate license?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Peter,

We provide each registered student with the needed software installs, licenses and credits for the duration of the course.

If your organization has the software and licenses, and the needed extensions, you will not need to re-install ArcGIS Pro software. We encourage you to run the same version of the software we use in the course, if possible.

Do note that if you choose to use your own license (associated with your organization's ArcGIS Online account) you will need to rely on your own organization for account support (we won’t be able to reset your password, etc.) and you will be consuming your organization’s credits.

Adena

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Peter,

What license version do you have of Pro (like Basic, Standard, or Advanced)? You very likely will be able to use your own version, unless you have a Basic license and by chance the MOOC needs an advanced license for one or two tasks. However, I don't see this happening so I think you should be ok with your current license!

0 Kudos
PeterMarckmann
New Contributor

We have an Advanced license for ArcGIS Pro. I just want to avoid mangling our license manager.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Oh, you'll be just fine! No need to have a separate install or license for the MOOC.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Some of the tasks in MOOC might consume service credits. At least, use the trial account of ArcGIS Online (provided during MOOC) for burning those credits, if the licensing of ArcGIS Pro is managed by a License Manager (Concurrent Use).

Think Location
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

From what I have typically seen, they want you to use the MOOC version of your ArcGIS Online account for ArcGIS Online (especially since many of the datasets are stored in that account group). I guess it will be interesting to see how that type of account works with Pro.

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Peter,

We provide each registered student with the needed software installs, licenses and credits for the duration of the course.

If your organization has the software and licenses, and the needed extensions, you will not need to re-install ArcGIS Pro software. We encourage you to run the same version of the software we use in the course, if possible.

Do note that if you choose to use your own license (associated with your organization's ArcGIS Online account) you will need to rely on your own organization for account support (we won’t be able to reset your password, etc.) and you will be consuming your organization’s credits.

Adena

LizDahl
New Contributor

I have an online account, but do not have Pro installed. I cannot find a free version to install other than the 21 day trial which won't work for a 6 week MOOC. Do I have to purchase ArcGIS Pro and then edit the license to put in the one for the MOOC.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Liz, we provide the ArcGIS Pro software needed for the course exercises. Instructions for getting that setup are inside the course. Note that the machine you use to attend the MOOC needs to meet the ArcGIS Pro system requirements. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

0 Kudos
GrigoryMatveyevichev
New Contributor

Where can I get an acrgis online account for the exercises?

0 Kudos