Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcMap Screen Not Refreshing / Redrawing Properly?

02-28-2019 10:10 AM
Labels (1)
RenoGregory
New Contributor II

Hello, I am just getting started using ArcMap and my screen almost never refreshes properly.

If I make any changes, zoom in or out, pan, etc. the map doesn't update. The only thing that gets it to update is to use the hand tool and wiggle the map slightly and suddenly everything's updated.

The same happens when hitting the redraw button (F5). Only when you wiggle it slightly with the pan tool does it update.

I don't believe this is because my computer is on the slower side. In the corner, it'll say which layers it's redrawing, and it'll go through them pretty quick. But then, the screen never updates with those changes until you wiggle it a bit.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Specs:

ArcGIS Desktop 10.4

Windows 10

1.89 GHz Quad Core

8GB RAM

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DamonHortle
New Contributor

Fixed my identical issue too, thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnnyTascon
New Contributor

It worked properly!! Thank you Steve... I was desperated... I had to figured out a different way because I couldn't find the option by right clickin the ArcMap.exe icon. If so, you can go to settings -> Display -> graphic settings and hit the search button. NAvigate to the arcmap.exe icon (ArcGis/Desktop10.x/bin/) Then hit "options" and you'll find the option to change to the integrated graphic card. And it works! thank you again!!!

0 Kudos
TomerGadol
New Contributor

I came here to update that it is still an issue in 10.8.2. I had to use iGPU instead of my NVIDIA GPU. Since ESRI now pushes ArcGIS Pro, this issue won't be solved with an update. This is the only solution, unfortunately.

0 Kudos