Select to view content in your preferred language

Training page layout: a disaster.

02-10-2023 08:21 AM
Labels (1)
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hello everyone,

unpopular opinion maybe, but I am tired of the training page layout.

I am trying to study on my laptop and I started to hate the training portal.

Half of the screen is taken by the top banner and the left section. Is that necessary? That space is useless, is there a way to minimize it?

I would like to use my tablet as a reader so that I don't need to switch between PRO and training page but on tablet, it is even worse.

Resolution is the optimal one for my laptop and the zoom of the browser is at 90%.

PanGIS_2-1676040736650.png

2 Replies
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback and sorry to hear the web course interface is impacting your learning experience in a negative way. That's the exact opposite of what we strive for. 🙂  We've heard similar comments from a few others and the good news is we're working on a new, friendlier web course design that will have a slim top banner and friendlier table of contents panel. I don't have a firm date for when these changes will be released, but our team is working on it now. I'll post here when the new design goes live.

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, I want to share an update on Esri's web course UI. We recently released a new web course design that features a much thinner banner along the top and a resizable/expandable/collapsible table of contents on the left. Many of our web courses have been republished to use this new design and future web courses will use it. We hope the new and improved interface supports a seamless and productive learning experience on your laptop and tablet.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback and please continue to share it, here in the Community or in our course surveys. We read, appreciate, and act on all feedback. 🙂