Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot proceed in Top 20 Essential Skills For ARCGIS Pro

06-09-2024 03:33 PM
dlaytonfawcett
New Contributor II

I could not successfully complete the Join in Chapter 4 of "Top 20 Essential Skills for ARCGIS Pro." I kept getting an error that no items were joined (yes, the data types were correct). As a result, I cannot do Chapter 5. I'm ready to give up on this book and post a nasty review as there seems to be no place to download complete practice files.

Anyone know where to get completed practice files for this book?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Sorry you are having trouble getting past that section. That book does require a linear progression, so typically there are files that you make in early chapters that are necessary later on. Since it is used in classrooms, we don't currently provide files of the completed book, but that is something we'll review for the next edition.

However,  I made you a download with the necessary files from chapters 1 and 3, so you can jump right into chapter 4. I just tested it and ran the join without issues, so let me know if you have any problems. You can download the file and follow the README to place the files in the appropriate folders.

There are a few optional steps about indexing on p. 46 (steps 4-6) that are not necessary and may cause issues if you are in a later version of ArcGIS Pro than the one that the book was written for. These steps should be skipped. I've added an errata for the book to note this for future users.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos