Geoportal 1.2.5: Unable to connect to the host (CSW)

Jump to solution
03-19-2015 07:05 AM
ErikLima
New Contributor III

Hi, people!

I have the Geoportal Server 1.2.5, I have registered an ArcGIS resource successfuly, I tried to register a CSW from IBGE but got this erro: "Unable to connect to the host."

URL parameter: http://www.metadados.geo.ibge.gov.br/geonetwork_ibge/srv/por/csw?Request=GetCapabilities&Version=2.0...

Profile parameter: GeoNetwork CSW 2.0.2 APISO

How can I resolve this problem??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Carlos_EduardoToledo_de_Mirand
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

I've successfully registered IBGE as a GeoNetwork CSW 2.0.2 APISO resource, but to be able to harvest metadata from this catalog I've done some changes in iso-19115-definition.xml file: removing the xsd reference and setting the validation required to false on several parameters.  Apparently theirs custom profile implementation, MGB, has some issues when validating with standard ISO profile.

Implementing MGB custom profile and validating IBGE harvested metadata with it should fix this.

Best regards,

Carlos.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carlos_EduardoToledo_de_Mirand
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

I've successfully registered IBGE as a GeoNetwork CSW 2.0.2 APISO resource, but to be able to harvest metadata from this catalog I've done some changes in iso-19115-definition.xml file: removing the xsd reference and setting the validation required to false on several parameters.  Apparently theirs custom profile implementation, MGB, has some issues when validating with standard ISO profile.

Implementing MGB custom profile and validating IBGE harvested metadata with it should fix this.

Best regards,

Carlos.