Esri Terrain-Tools v1.1 Sky Tool Cannot Save File

03-08-2018 04:51 PM
SpatiallySpeaking
New Contributor III

I am trying to use Esri Terrain-Tools v1.1 to create a hillshade from either a 90 m SRTM DEM or 30 m DEM. I have tried saving this to a file geodatabase (FGDB) and .tif. In both cases the error reported is cannot save to "output format" GRID/TIFF

Traceback (most recent call last):   File "C:\GIS_local\TOOLS\TerrainTools_v1_1\Scripts\SkyModel.py", line 81, in <module>     skymodel(*args)   File "C:\GIS_local\TOOLS\TerrainTools_v1_1\Scripts\SkyModel.py", line 63, in skymodel     prevRaster.save(outRaster) RuntimeError: ERROR 010240: Could not save raster dataset to C:\GIS_local\hillshade\sky1.tif with output format TIFF.  Failed to execute (SkyModel). Failed at Mon Feb 26 17:18:37 2018 (Elapsed Time: 3 hours 46 minutes 44 seconds)

The output file path is to a local internal drive, scratch filepath is to local default GDB, and there should be more than adequate space to save the file. This seems to have been commonly reported in the past in comments on the ESRI website, but no answer was provided.

Does anyone have thoughts on what may be causing this error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the only common thread I can see is people tried to direct the output to a specific folder, did you try a much smaller sample and let the tool determine where output was to go?

0 Kudos
GabrielRousseau1
New Contributor

I have also experienced this issue. The process appears to run just fine until it goes to save the final output raster product. Attempting to resample input raster has yielded effective results for 10 meter and 1 meter DEM's. 

0 Kudos