Spatial Reference Kertau RSO Malaya

Jump to solution
04-26-2015 06:15 PM
steelissteelis
New Contributor

Hi,

I am writing a program to load in old data files to display on ArcGIS Runtime and run across the following coordinates 374123990 4729222. I know that the set of coordinate refer to a location in Singapore and was told it was using the Kertau RSO Malaya Meters Spatial Reference.

I have tried Googling for a formula or method but I couldn't really find any help on the issue. Or at least from a non-GIS background, I couldn't really link the information to the issue.

So, I'm hoping if there's anyone that could help or know of any method or formula to convert a coordinate from Kertau RSO Malaya to WGS84 or something that is humanly possible to display on ArcGIS runtime (Android to be exact)?

A big "Thank You" in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

The coordinates that you have don't match any Malaysian or Singaporean coordinate reference system that's in ArcGIS. The numbers are just too large. If I were to guess, possibly some "foot" conversion or they're in mm rather than meters? I'm not sure.

Sorry!

Melita

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

If it was me, I'd reproject the data using ArcMap, but if you really need a formula, I think you can find it in this article...Cadastral reform in Malaysia: A vision to the 2000s

MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

The coordinates that you have don't match any Malaysian or Singaporean coordinate reference system that's in ArcGIS. The numbers are just too large. If I were to guess, possibly some "foot" conversion or they're in mm rather than meters? I'm not sure.

Sorry!

Melita