OLS TOOl in ArcGIS

02-07-2017 06:58 PM
ABDALLAMOHAMED
Occasional Contributor

Hello.. I'm asking if ArcMap 10.2.2 has OLS tool, if so please let me know  how to  look for it in ArcMap. I couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I marked the other post as a dupe.

My apologies, but I do not know what OLS tools are.  There may be others that are in the same situation, so it might be helpful to explain what they are, so others can maybe come up with help or alternatives.

ABDALLAMOHAMED
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Rebecca for your response. OLS stands for Ordinary least squared.  you can read about this tool here :Ordinary Least Squares (OLS)—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So is this what you are looking for?

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) 

0 Kudos
ABDALLAMOHAMED
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking for the tool itself, not info about it. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
ABDALLAMOHAMED
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan... Thanks a lot .Okay now  I got it. You have to have  minimum version 10.3 to get OLS tool. Is it possible to upgrade  student version?

0 Kudos
ABDALLAMOHAMED
Occasional Contributor

Okay, one more question, if I upgraded to version 10.3 or over, am I going to lose my old data? Do I need to uninstall my old Arcgis version?

Thanks a lot...

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You shouldn't lose any data unless you are deleting the folder, but you may have to reconnect, that is, ArcCatalog may not automatically remember the connections, but they can be reestablished.  If in doubt, make a copy to another drive or a thumbdrive for safe keeping (of the data)

connections should copy over too, but they should also be left from the install in the old folders, if not copied to the new.

edit: The edit program typically tells you to uninstall previous ArcGIs versions before installing a new one.  All the ArcGIS software should be the same version (in case you have ArcGIS Server on the machine, for example)

ABDALLAMOHAMED
Occasional Contributor

That is great. Really appreciated..

Best!

0 Kudos