Select to view content in your preferred language

maps for office

Jump to solution
11-11-2015 11:02 AM
SvivaManager
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I've been trying to create a layer out of an excel table with many different columns which two of them are coordinates with a different spatial reference then the default one. i'm using 2039. When the data is being added to the map, it shows up perfectly for a second and then disappears.. the map says all the point were marked as errors! any idea why is that??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Sviva,

Have you selected the spatial reference in the Add data from my spreadsheet dialog to match your data?

maps_for_office_sr_other.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sviva,

Would you be able to upload a sample of your excel spreadsheet?

SvivaManager

Hi Jake, thanks for the quick reply.

I was just about to reply to you that I've tested it on a smaller sheet and it worked out fine and while going back to take a screen shot all points disappeared again and marked as errors! so weird.

I attached the excel and screenshot of the error

I suspect it might work at your side because of basemaps with a different spatial reference - in my case I can choose only my own basemaps which all have a unique spatial reference.. not web mercator that is

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

What is the coordinate system of your basemaps?

0 Kudos
SvivaManager

My basemap's spatial reference is 2039... What Kyle wrote fixed my problem I didn't notice that option. thanks

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Sviva,

Have you selected the spatial reference in the Add data from my spreadsheet dialog to match your data?

maps_for_office_sr_other.jpg

0 Kudos
SvivaManager

Thank you Kyle, I didn't even notice that option exists.. It solved my problem.

A bit irrelevant but any idea if all types of named users can have this plug-in for excel to use?

For ArcGIS Pro for example you need to be a named user with a desktop license.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Esri Maps for Office does require a named user on an ArcGIS Online for Organizations subscription.  No desktop license required.

See the System Requirements section

Esri Maps for Office | ArcGIS