Greetings!

03-22-2017 10:14 AM
RonaldVanderpool1
New Contributor II

Use ArcGis Online for web mapping apps. Downloaded and followed all of the necessaries to use Web AppBuilder for Developer. Built my first app. It was awesome (to me). Used some of Robert's special widgets.

I am able to review the app from the PC that serves as a local host. Do not want to host this or any apps from my local host but want to host ArcGIS organizational account as I do with the web apps that are built with the builder tools in the online environment.

Read a great deal, watched many Youtube videos, and have had ESRI support trying to help me. No answers.

My question; 

Can an app be built with Developer and then hosted entirely from the online organization???

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

All WAB Dev apps require being hosted on your web server.

RonaldVanderpool1
New Contributor II

Makes me very sad. 😞

Can you direct me to a step by step to set up a web server that will accommodate the web map apps and be fairly seamless with the ESRI/GIS environment?

Thanks for your timely response to my initial question. Looking forward to some good insight on the next step to winning this battle.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Ronald,

I have read something rscheitlin wrote on GeoNet with details on the steps for fully deploying Dev AppBuilder apps.

What I do is download the app from the Web App Builder for ArcGIS application. The download file is a zip file which I extract and then copy the folder to one of our Test web servers in the wwwroot folder. It should now be ready to access via a URL. 

RonaldVanderpool1
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael!!

I will start digging into your suggestions and the Robert link. I admin our websites (well maybe more try to admin) and think that establishing a new subdomain to host the downloaded web app folder will maybe do the trick. Fingers crossed........untraversed waters! 🙂 Glad I found the GeoNet!

0 Kudos