Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Custom Search Service / Intercept Search Service in ArcGIS Enterprise

07-05-2023 04:17 PM
Vasileios_Vlastaras
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am using ArcGIS Enterprise Suite version 11.0 (linux), and I would like to create a custom search service to enhance the experience of our users. This is a petabyte data volume hub, and we aim to build a search service that either will replace the default search service provided by the Portal and/or Custom Sites or will intercept the search service, injecting our own enhanced results from a custom index we are building based on the items of our portal.

1. As I can see in Windows in version 10.3 it was possible to customize the search service. Does anyone know if such a feature exists in Version 11 for Linux? It seems that the entire idea is dropped.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.3/administer/windows/creating-a-search-service.htm

2. Is it possible to intervene in the search service by developing a Server Object Interceptor (SOI) that will allow us to provide our own enhanced results based on our own enhanced index? Since we use Linux this should be done using Java. Does anyone know if the idea is viable and if a SOI can intercept the Portal's search service? Is the SOI only for Map Services and Image Services?

3. If none of the above is possible, does anyone have an idea how to intervene or replace the default search service of ArcGIS Enterprise?

Any help would be appreciated.

Vasilis.

0 Kudos
0 Replies