Can't make a new API Key - the form won't allow me to put a title in or description.

Jump to solution
05-22-2023 12:57 PM
GIS_newbie_1234
New Contributor II

I am using the free dev account tier. When I go to https://developers.arcgis.com/api-keys/ and click "new key", the modal does not allow me to type anything into the title/description. This behavior also exists when trying to add a referrer in the default api key management window. 

Do I need to add a credit card to my account? How do I fix this? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@GIS_newbie_1234 We deployed a fix for this issue yesterday, can you please try it now and let me know if you are still experiencing this problem.

Thanks for reporting it.

--jf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

I don't think there is anything wrong with your account, this appears to be some special race condition in the UI logic, the input field is getting disabled and then the form won't properly validate. It has happened to me before, but I cannot reproduce it now. Anything else you can tell us regarding what is happening on the screen at the time?

--jf
0 Kudos
GIS_newbie_1234
New Contributor II

Hi John, 

Thank you for your reply. I think I signed up for the account via the Unity tutorial because that's a "get started" div on my dashboard page. My account renews on 6/18/2023 and the default key was modified 4 months ago. When I choose "manage keys" and then "add key" the modal looks normal till I click the input field, then it goes red, and "title is required" shows up. It almost acts like it's forcing a form submission and then locking out the input fields. 

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@GIS_newbie_1234 We deployed a fix for this issue yesterday, can you please try it now and let me know if you are still experiencing this problem.

Thanks for reporting it.

--jf
0 Kudos
GIS_newbie_1234
New Contributor II

Hi John, 

That fix worked!!

Thank you to you and the team for fixing it.