Select to view content in your preferred language

Basemap no longer works, but what's changed?

08-05-2024 07:04 AM
DavidHenry
Emerging Contributor

Hi Guys,

Our basmap has stopped working, I can no longer access via our application and I can no longer view it via Map Viewer or Scene Viewer. I see the error below:

Unable to add layer Basemap eire
The layer, Basemap eire, cannot be added to the map.

I have checked and the credentials are correct, so what has changed?

The map is from Ordinance Survey Ireland who have moved GeoHive to arcGIS which shouldn't affect us as we  have always used ArcGIS and not the mapgenie urls.

It seems like the basemaps have been removed from ArcGIS, could that be the issue?

DDH
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

can you provide a link to the Basemap eire service? I can try to take a look and see what the error message is, or you can open Devtools and inspect the network traffic and see what the response is when that service is requested.

--jf
0 Kudos
DavidHenry
Emerging Contributor

Thanks John, you looked at this before as part of another thread, the basemap gives a 500 error. You mentioned that it might be a problem with credentials but that doesn't seem to be the case. The error console says there's an issue generating the token. The token is fine, see: https://stage.peig.ie/map-api-test-david.php

https://utility.arcgis.com/usrsvcs/servers/69ad45776c8140c9b4a2dfd83bbacc6d/rest/services/ITM/basema...

I've also tried creating a new basemap, but I'm not sure how to add the OSI / Mapgenie layer as it's not listed and the documentation covers the general stuff, nothing specific to Mapgenie. OSI is now Tailte by the way.

Any help grately appriciated.

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@DavidHenryI have no idea what's happening here. the service is responding with error 500, that typically means there is an error on the service itself. Looking at it from the outside I cannot tell if the authentication is incorrect or the service is failing. You will need to try to find out who owns this service and ask someone who can look into it from the server side to figure out what the issue is.

--jf
0 Kudos
DavidHenry
Emerging Contributor

Thanks John,

I'm reaching out to Tailte, hopefully they can shed some light.

David

0 Kudos