Adding Geoprocessing to HTML or Java

11-06-2015 02:46 AM
JasonSchelte
New Contributor

I am working on a project and I am pretty stuck. I would like to create a route based on directions. That is the easy part. Then do a search for a particular service, Gas Stations, Restaurants, Stores. I want the particular location along my route. My guess would be to create a buffer around my route (based on how far I would be willing to go off my route), and then clip the services that fall within the buffer. The issue with most searches is that when I do the search it gives me a radius search from my location or beginning location. I would like to find services along my route to help me choose the best location for a ce to stop.

I added a script, which is basically the Directions API. I like the way it is formatted with the options on the right. I am open to some ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JasonSchelte
New Contributor

Hmm shoot, I appreciate the help. Do you know of any companies that could

help. I tried looking for help on a coding forums page and no one responded. I

am just worried that ESRI tools are a little more specific and people probably

don't know enough about it.

What do you think should be the next step? Did the script look ok?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jason,

Like I said I did not see any change in your attached script. No attempt to add any of the buffering code samples I provided links to.

0 Kudos
JasonSchelte
New Contributor

The script has the addition of a function to doBuffer, and initToolbar, show buffer and a few other additions. To include the original driving directions API script that was working.

I also have the GIS Online points. I had all the restaurants, but there was well over 1000 so I had to reduce it down to one type of restaurant. This is the link for the ArcGIS online points.

http://arcg.is/2136pd8

Where should I go from here?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jason,

You should re-attach your updated script (As I can not see any updates you have made) and let us know where you are stuck with your additions to the code.

0 Kudos
JasonSchelte
New Contributor

Hey, so I tried to add the functions from the Driving directions API and the

Geoprocessing widget. The coding program I use doesn't show any major errors.

I guess I need help debugging the script now. I also wanted to ask you, what

was your idea for getting the points into the script?

Jason

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You have shared your data on AGOL so you will need to find the url to access this data just like a normal ArcGIS Server Rest endpoint. See this help doc for info About hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS Once you have the url for your data (not your webMap) then you can use this in a JS API QueryTask

JasonSchelte
New Contributor

Robert, I wanted to ask, do you think that this type of html is possible to create? Would you be able to create it? I could pay you for your assistance.

Jason

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jason,

Yes it is possible to create this type of app. I will consider developing a sample for this if I can find some free time. This is not a commitment to do this, it more of a maybe. You need to provide me with that resy service url for your data though.

JasonSchelte
New Contributor

Robert, here are two links, one is for the In-n-Out restaurants, Services Directory  and this one is for all the restaurants in the SW area. Services Directory

It is showing up as services directory. You can email me at jschelte2@gmail.com for more information. Or any follow up questions.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are looking to hire someone, try posting something GIS Jobs  (a Genoet space).  Might be a good place to start since I'm sure there are many that would like to pick up a short development gig.  I'm not sure if any have used this spot for that type of thing, but anyone posting/reading there most likely have the GIS experience.  Otherwise, just do some browser searches for GIS consultants....there are many out there.

But as Robert mentioned, if you can update you code and show that you are trying to understand the samples and suggestions (and ask more questions if you don't understand), that goes a long way on getting community help. It is not that he/others aren't willing to help here, but not necessarily write from scratch (most have other jobs too).  It's a good place to learn and expand your skills.

0 Kudos