GeoDev Webinar - Integrating Deep Learning with ArcGIS Using Python

08-29-2018 04:10 PM
AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor
3 4 2,084

Last week Rohit Singh and Alberto Nieto hosted a GeoDev Webinar on "Integrating Deep Learning with ArcGIS Using Python". We had a lot of great questions come out of the webinar and will be updating this post to add the Q&A that were not addressed during the webinar. 

Many viewers requested to have access to the PowerPoint presentation, and the presenters were more than happy to share. In their presentation, they offered access to their demos and resources that may be helpful for those developing in Python. 

Webinar - DL Python Integration

Did you miss the webinar? No worries! We've got you covered, as you can view the video here:

Integrating Deep Learning with ArcGIS using Python 

We look forward to the next GeoDev Webinar in September, "Using TypeScript with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript" with hosts Rene Rubalcava and Noah Sager.

Stay tuned!

4 Comments
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for sharing these

FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for the great webinar! I have a question for Rohit and/or Alberto if you can please forward this to them. I posted my question more in detail on GeoNet here. Basically, what I took from your webinar is that the Python API (within tools such as Jupyter Notebook) can easily integrate with modern deep learning libraries. However, I am interested in a server-side type of deployment with ArcGIS Enterprise, where I am serving spatial analysis tools via geoprocessing services in my own web app. I would like to add deep learning python libraries to my scripts, but it seems like ArcGIS Enterprise only comes with python 2.7.x to this day, which makes it hard (at least on Windows OS) to integrate with deep learning libraries that require Python 3.5+. I would like to hear about possible solutions or workarounds for my situation. It seems like some of the examples you showed for dashboards and web apps in the first section would make use of similar web services, so I am wondering what type of deployment you guys used and suggest.

FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Amy Niessen, the link to the presentation seems broken or the resource is not there anymore. Could you please share this resource with GeoNet again?

AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor

This should be working. Please let me know if it isn't.